Dump load controller
Orbital dump load controller (OrbiDLC) is a highly efficient 3-phase to DC converter specially designed for bypassing overproduction and peaks from wind turbine generators to external dump load(s).
The throughput can be precisely controlled through either analog or digital interfaces. Designed for real time operations with latency under 0.5 ms and up to 1.000 set points per seconds.
High frequency PWM IGBT switching provides high efficient and no audible switching noise. Optional inductors can be directly connected to the DLC in order to reduce harmonic current distortions.
- Designed for <13.5 kW (500 VAC) continually and up 25 kW/0.5s peak.
- Very high efficiency
- Supports up to 3×600 VAC input voltage
- CAN Bus or RS485/Modbus controlled and up to 1.000 set points pr. second.
- 16 bit set point resolution
- Low response time <0.5ms for digital input.
- Dump load resistor monitoring
- Internal DC current, voltage and power measurements.
- Analog 0-10 VDC or 4-20 mA set point
- Power quality compliance as specified by European and International standards
- High quality components for long lasting industrial usage
- Built-in 230 VAC relay for external fan control